Monday, January 4, 2016

Years ago in the Year 2011....

I started looking for a motorhome in 2011.  Thought I would find one pretty quick...NOT !  Plus I had to convince Linda that it would be fun to travel the United States do some work camping and see all the sites the country has to offer.

Boy was I in for some surprises along the way.

First Linda, is security minded, I think most women are, and that is a good thing, otherwise most of us men would be broke or at least I would I love to spend money when I have it, but since I have gotten older, well not so much do I spend, about twice I year I splurge on a video game..

So we started looking went to a big place looked at a 2003 Monaco Signature....and several others, to leave thinking this is gonna need some big money for a Diesel Pusher.

I wanted tag axel Diesel Pusher, either Monaco, Newell, Prevost or Blue Bird...maybe outside chance for a Country Coach, but the one we would get would have most of the bells and whistles.

We looked at a lot, always bigger money then we had in our hands.  And financing for us was like climbing all the way to the moon, it was so far out of reach we needed to save, ....somehow.

Finally Christmas day 2015 looking on RVtrader.com as I did just about every day along with many other sited, I think I spent about an hour a day average looking and writing.  Wrote about this 1997 Country Coach sitting in a dealership in Tulsa Oklahoma.  Oh we live in the DFW area of Texas.



After 4 days, nothing I tell Linda about the coach...now somewhere along the timeline of 2011 to 2015, she went from doubt about it all to looking, to REALLY looking and when we went to look she would slam doors and give the coaches a once over to see if they were well made,..... So she calls the place in Tulsa, Deans RV.

It goes to a fast busy...I think it is maybe a scam, that someone else is using the photos.  Then a week later on a Saturday someone called us, Linda is on the phone, Its the RV place....I look at the site, price is up over 10,000 I tell Linda to ask the man on the line whats UP !@!  (10,000 Up).  Linda on the phone, "oh ok, I see so if we come look at it you will honor the price we saw it at?  Ok good, well its too late today, we will drive up next Saturday to look at it."  Ok sounds good.....

For a week Linda and I look at it on the website.  She starts using the words ours, our coach, our tires, our, you get the picture Linda is sold on this one, and so many times the pictures look a lot better then what the real motor coach is really like.....but this one turns out different...see what happens that next Saturday when we are going to Tulsa to see the Country Coach.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment