Thursday, May 26, 2016

Let's Go Racing




We took some time Monday to go visit the local sprint car race track located in Accord NY, and well I am excited to get to see them race some Friday night soon.  The track is called Accord Speedway and is owned by a very nice couple Gary and Donna who spent well over an hour with us showing us around and letting us see Gary's race cars that he either stores for others or are his own.



He is building a brand new one that is only base painted so far with an engine yet to install.  Gary use to do body work and painting and I really liked the green paint that he had on that car .  He said under the lights it looks really great and just in the normal light to me I like it...something about green cars and bikes I have always liked...could it be why our motor coach is green ??


Accord has private areas for groups with AC and a full service snack bar during the races which the season starts in mid April and goes all the way through C.  They have different Friday night racing events and one of them is for 9-11 and ends in late November with an event called the Gobbler.

Years ago I would go with my parents to Butler Motor Speedway in Michigan and this track is very similar just a little smaller with less grand stands but the cars are almost the same and that is what I like and will update after we get to see some racing and feel the Thunder of those Alcohol Racing Engines in the Sprint Cars.

Accord web site is www.accordspeedway.com who knows maybe I will get behind the wheel and take one for a spin, ??









No comments:

Post a Comment